Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sam's Story

The long awaited day finally came! We were set up to induce at 7:00 a.m. on Thursday September 11th. However...I went into labor on my own earlier that morning. I woke up at 3:30 with labor contractions! I laid there until about 5 then got up showered and got ready, then let James know I was in labor. He got up showered, I got Jamesy ready and we were off a little after 6. When we checked in (at 6:30) I let the nurse at the front desk know I was in labor, but she really didn't pay attention because they were just about ready to change shifts. She showed us to our room and said someone would be in after shifts were changed. Someone finally showed up a little after 8. She brought in the patosin and asked me to get ready, I let her know that I was already in labor and she said oh, well let's check to make sure. Then she hooked me up to the machines and quickly said, "0h, you really are in labor"! She called my doctor and he came in a little after 9, checked me, and said that we would be having the baby with in the next two hours. I finally got my epidural at 9:45, which I was thankful for. Then the nurse came in a little after 11 and said it was time to start pushing. Jamesy was just about to fall asleep so I told her to let me put him to bed first and then we could start. He was asleep about 10 minutes later. James put him in his playpen in the bathroom and we started the process. I only had to push through 5 contractions and Sam was born! It only took about 25 minutes!! By the time I was all stiched up Jamesy woke up and was happy to see that Baby Sam was finally out (after several weeks of telling me he was done!). He weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. He is just adorable and we love him. Jamesy has really enjoyed having him "out" and tells us all the time how cute he is and how much he loves him. We will post more pictures soon.



4 comments:

Vernos said...

Wow! Congrats Lillians!! I'm so impressed with Jamesy's reaction to the baby, that's great. Good luck adjusting to two, it'll be fun!

Mikaela said...

Congratulations Rachel! He is so cute! I cannot believe you had a baby that big...you were all baby though! Anyways, congrats with baby #2...

Carrie said...

Hi, guys! Congratulations on the arrival of Baby Sam! He is very cute, and it looks like you're all adjusting quite well so far. That's too bad about your foot, Rachel--what a bummer, at that point in the pregnancy! You're a trooper. I hope things continue to go well for you guys and that you'll be up and around soon. We miss Spokane, especially fun friends like you!
Take care,
Love, Carrie

James said...

We're so excited for you guys, and especially grateful that he came on his own. We were praying for you! Glad to hear the foot has healed as well as it did. Sam's a beautiful baby.